Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Turkey Meatballs

Today is my birthday and my first video post. These are very rough, I'm in the process of upgrading my computer system so that I can have more editing capabilities, but for now it's a HTC HD7 phone and a Windows 7 computer.

On to the meatballs! I'm listing below the recipe for 1 lb of meat. You can multiply it as many times as you want. Let me know if you have ideas for the next food projects. Tomorrow I'll probably list a tip since I'm partying it up with my peeps in the backyard tonight, hence the meatballs.

* I say basil, I mean parsely. :-)

Mabel Conti's Meatball Recipe

1 lb of ground meat (turkey, beef, or a mix of beef and pork)
2 sleeves of unsalted saltine crackers
2 eggs beaten
1/3 cup of Parmesan or Parmesan/Romano mix
1 garlic cloves or 1 tsp of minced garlic
parsley (eyeball it)
salt/pepper as preferred
olive oil

Preheat oven *375. Either mash the cracker sleeves yourself or put them in a food processor with the garlic cloves. Mix in big bowl with all other ingredients using your hands. Use olive oil to prevent it from sticking to your hands and make equal sized balls. Cook on baking sheet with or without parchment paper for 45 minutes.

Eat straight out of the oven or simmer in sauce. You can also freeze them in a ziplock. Let me know if you try it out this old Italian family recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment