Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

Chandelier Upgrade

I know this wasn't on my list of things to do but I've been thinking about it for so long that maybe it's finally time. I have a chandelier. You can see it below in the apartment ad. I've had it since my Brighton apartment. My dad bought it for me for $25 in Scituate at an antique shop. I'm done with it being gold though and want to spray it white for my boudoir. I was looking online and I love the way these colored chandelier look.


I don't think I can do a color because the walls are purple. What do I add to this chandelier to drip off of it? Jewels, feathers, baubles, etc? I guess that will be phase two once it's painted. I'm also working on new candle sticks. I bought white ones from Loews but they are too long and need to be cut. Also I don't think they need to be so boring. I'm still melding over this idea but it should be interesting. Pictures to come.

Have you tried improving an antique?

No comments:

Post a Comment