2 1/3 cup Bisquick
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup chopped nuts (typical is walnut but try anything and it doesn't have to be exact or even nuts)
3 large ripened bananas mashed (or other fruit)
Preheat oven to 350. Mix in bowl and pour into sprayed bread pan. Bake for 45-55 minutes. The center will be gooey while it cools. How gooey you like it is up to you.
- If bananas ripen and you don't want to make banana bread toss them into the freezer. When you are ready to make banana bread just leave them out to defrost or pop them in the microwave.
- The more wet ingredients you add, ex. canned or fresh fruit, the less oil you might want to put in. The mixture should be lumpy and not soupy. If it's too wet (ex. like cake batter) it won't bake the same.
- Be sure to drain any canned fruits very well! You can use any canned fruits which is great since they don't go bad as quickly.
- Pumpkin variation: use a bit of pumpkin pie spice along with the vanilla.
- Try with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Toast with butter for breakfast. Give as a gift wrapped up with a bow! It's 10x better than that other kind of fruit cake.
- Enjoy! Yum!
What variations have you tried and how did they come out?